IHM Academy of EMS is not a Title IV school and does not participate in Federal Financial Student Aid programs. We do participate in Federal Veterans Benefits and the other state funded assistance programs that are listed below. All scholarships are awarded by the sponsoring organization based on their criteria and availability.
- IHM Payment Plans – Monthly payment plans will be established for the individual programs. Students will be required to sign a promissory note.
- Veterans Administration Benefits – Students meeting the requirements to receive VA benefits must come to the Student Financial Services Office to complete the appropriate paperwork. For more information, please contact the VA at 1-888-442-4551.
- Ryan Hummert Memorial Scholarship – Available for Paramedic Students only. One scholarship awarded per semester. Selection based on essay submitted to FBO Ryan Hummert Committee. Applications available in the IHM Registrar’s Office. – We need to attach the new instructions/application to this instead of stating get it in the Registar’s office.
- NAEMT EMS Scholarship – Applications can be obtained online at naemt.org/joinNAEMT/scholarshipinfo.htm. Scholarship application is eligible for First Responders to EMT-Basic, EMT-Basic to EMT-Paramedic, or Paramedic advanced education. The student must be a NAEMT member to apply. Membership is a $25 Student rate with proof of EMT student status for the first year.
- WIA/Vocational Rehab Benefits – Students meeting the requirements to receive these benefits must submit the appropriate paperwork to the Student Financial Services Office. Students need to make an appointment with the Missouri Career Center at least 30 days prior to the start of class.
- Legacy Scholarship – boundtree.com or 800-533-0523 – Scholarship for a child of a Career or Volunteer EMS Personnel. Deadline date is March of the current year.